The process to start blogging can seem extremely technical; and can be parts of it. To make it easier, I divided the process into seven stages.
1. Register the domain name to go to Godaddy and see if the domain name you want is available and register it. You must register for an account at Goddady, if you don't already have not, then it is only $10.19 to register a domain name. This tax is payable every year, or you can register for a lower rate of the year if you register for several years at the front. In any event, it is well to secure your brand and have your own domain name.
2 HostGator hosting HostGator is one of the best hosting companies on the web and very reliable in their service. They have a variety of packages available, depending on your needs. Before you signup for an account with HostGator, contact me and I can get your first month of hosting for only 0.01 and only $9.95 / month after that with unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth and unlimited domains all hosted for this small price!
3. Install WordPress WordPress is the platform of choice of the status of amateur bloggers blogs professionals alike. If you use HostGator, they are a hoster web enabled cpanel that offer Fantastico and you can easily install a WordPress blog in just a few clicks without html or technical experience necessary. It sets up your MySQL databases for you and for all. The way faster and easier to obtain a hosted WordPress up and running blog.
* Configure your WordPress: open a session in your/wp-admin area and I was strongly recommends that you set your settings > permanent month & name, as this is a friendly option much more (SEO) search engine.
* Also, my recommendation to help control spam comment: settings > Discussion > tick the box next to "the author of the comment should have a comment already approved.
* Cross and check the other settings and adjust you feel necessary to meet your needs.
4. Selection of the theme to adjudicate a WordPress theme is probably the most difficult part to start blogging, because there are so many choices! A search on Google for "free WordPress themes" will return thousands of choices. Choose a theme that fits your blog topic: personal, professional, fun, fanciful, cooking, etc.... Make sure that the navigation is clear and easy to follow and easy to read text. I highly recommend that you use only widgetized themes.
* Widgets are used in the sidebar of your theme for navigation, such as the categories, pages, recent posts, as well as of
other plugins, you can add to your blog. The beauty of the widgets is that you can drag and drop their
move their position in your sidebar without having to mess with any html coding to all the. Text widgets allow you to
Paste html code in their advertising banners, for example, to appear in your sidebar. Widgets are excellent for the
blog novice and pro alike.
5. Selection of Plugins Plugins are components add-on extends the functionality of basic features of WordPress. Widgets are a type of plugin. but not all plugins are widgets. A plugin that comes built in WordPress is Akismet, and its sole purpose is to control the spam comments. Generally, I recommend that you search for and install plugins if you find that you need for a function or feature in your blog. It is better than the installation of a scanning plug-ins that you do not know what is their purpose or you do really need or use. That said, I have a few recommendations plugin, I find very useful:
* All-in-One SEO Pack
* Comment Redirect
* Tools twitter
* WP posts
6. Post content I recommend that you publish pages, which are pages static contact as a page 'About' who says much about you or your business, a "Contact" with a contact form page and any other information of contact that you want to display and start the publication of articles, also known as the "posts" in WordPress. Positions are dynamic, which means that they are automatically archived by month and year, and the last note of blog displays first on your web page, unless you have selected the option to display a page of a report on the first page of your blog (not recommended).
7. Generation of traffic now that you have your blog up and running, you need to get people to come read. "Contrary to the ' Field of Dreams", it is not as simple as the build "it and they will come", you must let the people you have a blog to help drive traffic to it. Social networking media is a very effective traffic generation method: Facebook, Ning forms, Yahoo groups, online, email and Twitter signature message forums are all forms of social networking, where you can let others you have a blog. Put your blog in your e-mail signature on your business card, letterhead or profiles online through the web. The plugin Twitter tools mentioned above is a great and very effective tool which will automatically send a tweet to your tweetstream announcing whenever you publish a new post on your blog! There are also banners on other web sites and blogs, pay-per-click of advertising, article marketing (as with ezinearticles!), from BlogTalk Radio interviews and much more. Be creative in ways to promote your blog - remember to avoid tactical spam.
If you want to blog for fun or profit, by following the above seven steps you can start your blogging journey today, no experience necessary. The steps were given to you, so what keeps you from starting? Print this article and use it as a checklist to start your own blog today. Join me for more information about How to create a blog.